Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Assignment 6: Feature Photo

This week, our assignment was to take a cut-line-only photo (one without an accompanying story) or make a photo illustration. Through a series of connections, on Monday I heard about the monthly "Vaudvillingham" show the Bellingham Circus Guild was having that very night, so I decided I could probably find a feature photo there. A friend was kind enough to give me a ride, although he couldn't attend, and it saved me from having to scrounge on campus for an interesting moment.

From the many hilarious and astounding acts, I chose an image of Lesley Nystrom and Patsy Mallett performing a sexualized parody of "Under the Sea," in some pretty amazing themed dresses.

Many of the acts were pretty racy, as the 10 PM show claimed, and highly entertaining. I think the Circus Guild found another regular attendee. Vaudvillingham is on the 15th of every month at the Circus Guild's studio on Kentucky and Iron street. Shows are at 8 and 10 PM, with a $5-10 recommended donation.

Here are just some of the other talented performers and shots in color of the outfits:











No comments:

Post a Comment